Biography of Professor Dr. Md Habibe Millat, MP
Professor Dr. Md Habibe Millat, MP, is re-elected as a member of the Bangladesh Parliament from Sirajganj-2 constituency for the session 2019-2024. He was also the Member of Parliament for previous session.
Prof. Dr. Millat, MP obtained his MBBS degree from the Mymensingh Medical College in Bangladesh and FRCS degree from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He is also trained in Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgery from Europe’s leading hospitals and in Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA. He has a number of scientific articles published in international medical Journals. He is married with two sons.
Prof. Dr. Millat has also been involved in numerous national and international organizations. He is also the champion of stopping child marriage and drug abuse, promoting health security for all, women and youth empowerment. All his current and former engagement mention below:
- Chairman, Health Advisory Group, Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- Chairman, Veritas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Vice Chairman, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS).
- Vice Chairman, Bangladesh Medical Research Council (BMRC).
- Presidium Member (panel speaker) , Bangladesh Parliament.
- General Secretary (In-Charge), Bangladesh Awami League, Sirajganj District.
- Member, Standing Committee, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
- Member, Standing Committee, Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
- Governing Board Member, International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Society (IFRC).
- Member, Bangladesh Association of Parliamentarians on Population & Development (BAPPD), Bangladesh Parliament.
- Member, Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA), Bangladesh Chapter.
- Central Committee Member, Swadhinata Chikitsak Parishad (SWACHIP).
- Senate Member, Rajshahi Medical University.
- Senate Member, Rabindra University, Bangladesh.
- Member, Governing Board, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, Bangladesh.
- Member, Governing Board, Shahid Mayez Uddin Red Crescent Hospital, Bangladesh.
- Member and Delegate, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society, Sirajganj Branch.
- Member, Executive Committee, Bangladesh Association of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgeons.
- Member, International Affairs Sub Committee, Bangladesh Awami League.
- Member, Ending Child Marriage Committee, Bangladesh Parliament.
- Professor, Cardiac Surgery, Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital, Dhaka.
- Goodwill Ambassador, Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC).
- Convener, 14-party alliance committee to stop terrorism, Sirajganj District.
- Former Advisor, Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- Former Member, Standing Committee, Ministry of Social Welfare, Bangladesh.
- Former Member, Managing Board, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS).
- Former Member, Central Committee, Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA).
- Former Member Secretary, Sub Committee on National Health Policy, Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA).
- Former Member, Mitford Hospital Project, Dhaka.
- Former Member, Evaluation Committee for Establishment and Development, Sheikh Fazilatunnessa Mujib Memorial KPJ Specialized Hospital & Nursing College. Gazipur.
- Former Chief Coordinator, Nationwide free health service campaign 2010 organised by the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial Trust [Approximate 870,000 person in 476 sub-districts were treated with free medicine].
- Founder General Secretary, Bangabandhu Parishad, Scotland, UK.
- Founder, Mollika Sanaullah Ansari Computer Training Centre, Sirajganj District.
- Founder, Ansari Foundation, Sirajganj District.
- Founder General Secretary, Bangladesh Post Graduate Doctors Association, Edinburgh.
- Founder, Shandhani Donor Club and Blood Bank, Sirajganj and Jamalpur.
- Founder Member, Bangladesh Student House, Edinburgh
- Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
- Bangladesh Medical Association
- Bangladesh Private Practitioners Association
- Swadhinata Chikitsak Parishad
- Bangladesh Cardiac Society
- Paediatric Cardiac Society of Bangladesh
- Lt. Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club
Prof. Dr. Md Habibe Millat, MP can be reached at following address: email – email@example.com mobile: +88 01755 63 55 05 (Also used for WhatsApp and Viber).